Booking us for your event
We are dedicated to bringing you amazing food with top class service to your party, wedding, corporate or other special event. Some things you need to consider;
- Access! Our lovely horsebox needs to be able to get in and out! We measure about 6m by 2.5m and may need space for our 3m X 3m prep gazebo too. We need to be able to turn in your available space to get in and out. We do have a 4 x 4 for towing with four wheel drive but for any slightly tricky locations, would need to check access before we can confirm your booking.
- Breakfasts, lunches and teas– if we are not using our woodfired oven horsebox, we need less space to get into your venue but we still need a parking space close to the kitchen or prep space.
- If you are booking a venue and you’d like us to cater, please check that they allow outside caterers.
- If there is an on-site kitchen, we’d like to know about it and find out what facilities it has.
- Electricity– we have our own “silent” generator which will run all the power we need for the horsebox but would need 16amp electrical hook up (to mains or a large generator) if you’d like us to provide hot organic drinks or not to have the noise of the generator.
- Dates and places….. please let us know your event date and location, plus approximate numbers when you make your enquiry. Please email email@example.com with your information, including date and location, your phone number and the type of event and we will call you back or email you, whichever you prefer
- If you book with us, we will send you a client information form which covers all the logistics, contact info, timings and numbers. We ask that you give us as much information as soon as possible so that we can give you the best possible service.
- Our terms are 25% deposit to secure a booking, 50% payable 8 weeks before your event and the remaining 25% 4 weeks before. These payments are non-refundable.
- We also need to know about allergies and preferences so that we can meet your guests’ needs. Talk to us about this. We can provide gluten free savouries, pizzas, deserts and cakes and are very happy to provide vegetarian only meals and vegan options. We are also able to cater for guests with specific dietary needs- please talk to us about this.
- Crockery, cutlery and more…… our pizzas are served onto biodegradable cane sugar plates and we have recycled napkins and wooden cutlery (if required) which is included in our costs. See above on hire in if we need china, glass and serving ware.
- Waste– we will remove food waste and clean site waste that we produce. We do not take your general waste or bottles/glass.
- Insurance and legal stuff– we are fully insured and have PLI in place. We will send you a contract for your event.
If we are catering for your party or wedding, we usually come to site the day before and set up our “kitchen”. We need clear access for this. If we are catering on site at a venue you are staying at, we require the kitchen to be clean and clear for our food prep.
We do not include table set up or moving furniture. Many couples like to set up their own tables when they decorate but if you would like a quote for this, please let us know.
Just a note on tables- please talk to us about space needed for food on tables as we need to be able to place our platters and plates down without disturbing your lovely flowers and decorations.
We charge a set up fee to your venue which covers our staff and vehicle travel costs. We will quote for this when we quote for your food.
Our top team are regularly complimented on our friendly, helpful and engaged staff. We pride ourselves on staff who go the extra mile to make your day special. Our prices do not include waitressing; we will work with you to understand how you would like your wedding or party to feel and when we quote for your food, add a waitressing cost to reflect your preferences.
Hire in of goods:
Very few venues have everything you need for your special event or wedding- so most events have to have goods hired in. We will advise on the goods you need, which may include cookers, china, glass and serving needs and ensure that you have the quotes in place to help you make the choices you need for event. We may also recommend hiring in a “Roadfridge”- a towable fridge to ensure that foods are kept safe on site and comply with food hygiene requirements.
Outside catering in marquees:
We will need a catering tent with electrical hook up and access to running water. The site and pitch needs to be level and we will need to meet with you to assess access and location of catering marquee.
Extra people on the day:
You will have probably booked photographers, bands, DJs and perhaps others- please tell us when you make your enquiry if you have other lovely people on the day who need feeding and looking after so we can include this in your quote.
We know about food- it’s in our DNA and though we love a gin and tonic as much as the next person- we know that serving drinks and looking after your alcohol needs is a specialist field so we leave it to the experts. We can serve your reception drinks along with canapes or nibbles and we are very happy to recommend mobile bars or you might talk to your venue for everything else after this.
We will clear tables and pack away hire equipment and dispose of our waste. If you would like a quote for a “day after clear up service” please talk to us.